Glassbrooks Solicitors are committed to providing a high-quality legal service to all clients. When something goes wrong we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to maintain and improve our standards.
Complaints about Glassbrooks Solicitors
If you have a complaint, please contact us with the details.
We will send you a letter acknowledging receipt of your complaint and asking you to confirm or explain the details. We will also let you know who will be dealing with your complaint. You can expect to receive a letter within two working days of us receiving your complaint.
We will record your complaint in a central register and open a file for your complaint. We will do this within two working days of receiving your complaint.
We will acknowledge your reply and confirm what will happen next. You can expect to hear from us within two working days of your reply.
Chris Moore will then start to investigate your complaint.
This may involve one or more of the following steps.
- If Chris Moore acted for you, he will consider your complaint.
- If someone else at this firm acted for you, Chris Moore will speak to the person who acted for you and ask them to give him their reply to your complaint and will also examine the information in your complaint file.
- We may ask another independent local solicitor to investigate your complaint and report to us.
We will then send you a detailed reply or invite you to a meeting with Chris Moore to discuss and hopefully resolve your complaint. This will be done within 10 working days of completing our investigation.
If a meeting is held, within 2 working days following the meeting we will write to you to confirm what took place and any solutions agreed with you.
If you do not want a meeting or it is not possible, we will send you a detailed reply to your complaint. This will include our suggestions for resolving the matter.
At this stage, if you are still not satisfied, you can let us know. We will then arrange to review the decision.
This may happen in one of the following ways
- Chris Moore will review the decision himself within 5 working days.
- We will arrange for someone else in the firm who is not connected with the complaint to review the decision. This will be done within 10 working days.
- We will ask Dominic Moss of Stonehewer Moss Solicitors to review your complaint. This request will be made within 10 working days. We will let you know how long the review process will take.
We will let you know the result of the review within five working days of the end of the review. At this time we will write to you confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons.
If we have to change any of the timescales above, we will let you know and explain why.
If you are still not satisfied or if for any reason this system has failed to resolve any problem between us you can refer the matter to the Legal Ombudsman who can consider your complaint.
The Legal Ombudsman’s time limits for accepting complaints are:
- The problem or when you found out about it, happened after 5 October 2010; and
- You are referring your complaint to the Legal Ombudsman within either of the following: Six years of the problem happening or three years from when you found out about it; and
- You are referring your complaint to the Legal Ombudsman within six months of our final response.
The Legal Ombudsman can be contacted by telephone on 0300 555 0333, by writing to PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton WV1 9WJ, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via the website www.legalombudsman.org.uk
Glassbrooks Ltd is registered at Companies House under number 5112397.
Director: Christopher Moore LL.B (Hons)
Glassbrooks Ltd is authorised and regulated by Solicitors Regulation Authority under number 419909.
VAT No 785 6095 82
Professional Indemnity Insurance is with AmTrust Europe Limited, Market Square House, St James’ Street, Nottingham, NG1 6FG
We would really like to here from you. Please contact us or fill in the below form and a member of Glassbrooks will be in touch.
FREE Legal Enquiry.
Contact Glassbrooks Solicitors today.